What We Do
WHAT A SILVERSPRING MEMBERSHIP DOES FOR YOU!
The Silverspring Community Association (SCA) needs your support. Even if you do not make use of the facilities and programs offered, you do benefit from the work of your Community Association.
The SCA is a not for profit, charitable organization and is the glue that holds the community together. The Silverspring Park is the hub for activities that enable the community to grow and thrive.
If you have ever wondered just what the SCA does, here is a sampling of the many services and programs we provide…
- We supply you with a newsletter to inform you of the community issues and events and a community website, and Facebook page to check for up-to-the-minute community information.
- We put on FREE family events such as Fun Day in the Park, Sum Theatre in the Park and the Winter Festival.
- General maintenance in the off season, routine flooding as well as operating of the outdoor rink during the winter season. Our Community, both schools and families from surrounding neighbourhoods get to enjoy our rink each year.
- Our Executive are aware and concerned about changes proposed within our community and are dedicated to providing the best they can for Silverspring.
- The Community Association provides public forums regarding important community issues such as electoral, city development, planning, traffic and zoning.
- The Executive represents the community, reviews all important issues in relation to the community and surrounding areas and advocates on behalf of the community.
- Our programming meets the needs of a wide spectrum of users. We gladly welcome residents from outside the community to participate in the programs and activities we so proudly offer. We manage our outdoor rink for the children in our community. We offer programs to cover all age groups.
- Without the presence of an active, involved and vibrant Community Association, it is easy to see that the level of service, programming and facilities you enjoy would be severely compromised.
Silverspring is one of the most sought after neighbourhoods for living in and the Community Association plays a large role in realizing this reputation.
- Thanks for buying a membership and please continue to support and promote that you live in Saskatoon’s best community!
A community is only as strong as those that support it. Support your community by purchasing a Silverspring membership.
Volunteers are our greatest resource.